Being a 26 year old, a millennium, female, a working mother, a housewife, and a student that dropped out of college, I see myself in a total disagreement with my fellow millennials. I am a conservative to the core. I feel as though most people, even older or younger, NOW days has some different views as me.
Now, we can do a little vocabulary.
Conservative: holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion (searched the definition on google). Now, being a Conservatives and having conservative views I will explain why.
- When the definition says “cautious about change”, Its meaning that certain things, we don’t agree with some changes. Such as the 2nd It has been law since the Bill of Rights has been written. It shouldn’t change at all. This is why “the right” (conservatives and republicans) fight so hard to keep the 2nd amendments.
- Tradition attitudes are meaning it’s been long established. The Bill of Rights was made for the protection of the people for each person’s liberty so that the government has prohibitions from becoming too powerful.
These things are very important to the Conservatives. We feel we should be just as free and have all of the original 10 amendments. The Constitution was created to make sure the people had more pull on their basic human rights. It was meant to save them from the government having too much power. Dealing with King George III, understood the fact that from a whole ocean away, the King and his Government still wanted pull and governing over the US. So deciding to finally fight back and create their own country, the Constitution was written.
We Conservatives are made out to be racists, bigots, sexist, etc. from the left. (Left meaning Democrats and Liberals). BUT, if you read history, the Democrats were all for segregation. Check out what Lyndon Johnson said, in 1963 about Black People. Yet, I have spoken to some regarding this, but they deny it. Says that is just something the Republicans made up. But, we are bad. We want to keep our guns, are freedom of speech. NOT have universal health care or free college (because we know, its not free and its not fair for people to pay for OTHER people’s choices). Millennials now days, want speech to be monitored… UM hello, no. That should not happen. Just by you protesting and RIOTING, that is free speech. Conservatives fight extremely hard again the Administration because of our gun rights. Like I said before. The founding fathers knew what a government could and would do. That is why they created the Constitution. Read the decipher of the 2nd Amendment. To understand it, you have read about the way the founding fathers spoke.
- “I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.” – George Mason
- “As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms.” – Tench Coxe, June 18,1789
- “The true importance of the Second Amendment will not be fully understood, until they begin to usurp its power.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “But there are some persons who would…persuade the people never to make use of their constitutional rights.” – Samuel Adams
- “When firearms go, all goes….we need them every hour.” – George Washington
These men knew how it was to have no rights. They have fought and bled to change this. To me, this is the framework, the concrete slab of the Free World.
Not all conservatives or Republicans are religious. But, we do have the right to practice whatever religion we choose. NOW, The Constitution says the freedom of religion is the right to practice whatever religion one chooses. The problem today is Christians are looked frowned upon. They say are bigots and racists, etc. They say we hate all Muslims. But yet, as Christians, the majority of them, treat others with respect regarding of their religion. Our problem is, the left takes away the monuments, takes God out of school (which have been there for a long time), then has the audacity to shove the Muslim’s religion down our throat. They degrade us for being so religious, but expect us to be okay with Muslim’s religion. Again I know, all Muslim’s are NOT the same. I get it. I have no problem with any religion. The problem I and many Conservatives have are the bad people. The people that do intentional harm to others. I understand there are Muslim Extremist. HELL, there are Christian Extremist.
Here is a story regarding Christians And Muslims. I had a friend’s son that went to a school a few miles down the road. He literally bowed his head and crossed his hands and prayed before every single meal, no matter where he was. There was a Muslim girl that saw this and went to the Office and complained. My friend’s son was suspending for school and asked to stop praying once he returned to school. My friend immediately took him out of that school and filed a formal complaint. This story is NOT made up. But it is an instance to where the Administration was put so much power over things that we are not treated equal. And I mean that by the fact that this girl was wearing a Hijab. She was allowed to pray certain times each day. Boys couldn’t wear hats. Obviously, Christians could not pray but Muslims were allowed to dress and pray the way their religion had specified.
So, this is why I say, being a Conservative we believe in traditions. We are not racists (at least most). We are bad like the left makes us out to be. We fight for what we believe in. Right now, as of 06/15/2016, we protest yes. The Left? They riot. They are violent, yet they say Trump supports are violent and have violet rhetoric. But the violence comes from Hillary and Bernie supports.
The differences between Liberals and Conservatives:
Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.
Conservatives believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals. Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.
(link found at http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/conservative-vs-liberal-beliefs/ )
This site, explains so much and very well on the differences. If I could list all of the subjects I would. So please check it out. And personally, I agree with every single one of them.
And seriously, all it took was a goal to write this article, a research on some subjects, and the initiative to try and teach more people about the Conservative way of life.